Are you preparing to start an expedition to one of the holy shrines of the world “Kailash Mansarovar”, which is known as the primeval pilgrimage site for the Hindus, the Buddhists, and the Jains? Are you looking forward to filling your minds with the massive natural power and spirituality of the holy place?
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is known for its sacred value, critical journey to achieve nirvana or peace of mind. The journey to Kailash Mansarovar is a life-changing experience, for the few thousands of travelers who embark this journey every year. A pilgrimage to this remote, eternal, breath-taking and captivating mystical spot is like a drive within yourself. Even though a journey to this part of the world is difficult, it is still rewarding. The devotes who carry out this difficult journey experience an overwhelming and enlightening transformation, which cannot be defined but can only be felt.
Get ready for some incredible experiences. Immerse in the wonders of cliff-top monasteries, yak convoys slowly walking over snow-covered passes, and the huge peaks of the Himalayas. However, most prominently, get ready to have a direct look into your own self as you return home with “a little bit of Kailash with you in your heart and your mind”.
If you are from those thousands of visitors who are planning to make your Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2019, an unforgettable one, then below are some of the chief tips, which will let you achieve this feat. Let us go through these tips –
- Use rough and strong bags to keep your possessions, as these bags would be carried on the yak. It is best to carry a duffel bag.
- A couple of months before the commencement of the yatra make sure that you involve yourself in some of the other kind of exercise.
- It is advisable that you take a proper insurance cover before starting your yatra. This covers you against personal loss, injury, and death.
- Make it a point to wear both cotton and woolen socks. This will keep you warm to some extent.
- Make sure to carry some dry snacks with you like – dry fruits, chocolates, biscuits, chips, etc.
- Don’t keep high expectations of luxury and be prepared to face any kind of situation.
- Try to keep your feet dry in order to avoid a severe condition of blisters.
- Walk slowly, don’t race with anyone and keep your composure as this is going to be one of the toughest journeys of your life.
- During the Mansarovar Yatra have a lot of water and other fluids. This will help to keep you energized.
- It is advised that you hire some local person to carry your luggage for you, as this will make the yatra much simpler for you. This will ensure that you won’t have to carry your luggage carrying dry foods, water, and other items all by yourself.
- It would be nearly impossible to find any Hindu priest at Mt. Kailash as there are no Hindu Temples at the Holy Lake. Therefore, if you want any kind of spiritual activity to be performed, it is better that you ask your personal priest to accompany you.
- Avoid drinking water from streams or rivers that you will find on your route. However, you can wash your face from the cold water of these streams and rivers.
- Don’t spend more than 5 minutes at Dolmala Pass as the oxygen level is very low at this point.
- Never leave your group. This will help you keep warm and will protect you from any kind of danger. Always be prepared to help the people around you in case of an emergency.
- Travel in small groups rather than the big groups. This will allow you to communicate with your group members in a better way.
- Carry a windcheater. Wear more thin clothes, in place of one or two thick clothes.
- Avoid this trip if you are an asthmatic or suffer from any other kind of breathing problem.
- Remain calm during the yatra and keep your composure. Avoid negative thoughts and don’t get involved in unnecessary fights with the people. In the case of any problem, talk to your guide.
- Avoid the parikrama in case of sickness, as it is very difficult to come half ay from the parikrama owing to the unavailability of the facilities like stretchers.
- Consult your doctor before you decide to take this pilgrimage. If you are found fit to undertake this journey make sure that you carry your prescribed medicines along with some basic medicines.
These tips will certainly let you attain a sigh relief during the journey to Kailash Mansarovar. Have a safe and happy journey ahead!!